A brand-new Tecman Talks Dynamics episode is now live, discussing the recent features announced for the 2021 release Wave 1 of Microsoft Dynamics 街霸5 Business Central.
In this 35-minute episode, the full crew of Tecman Directors (James, Liz, Matt and Liam) share some of their favourite features from the new developments and the differences it can make to your business.
These developments include updated functionalities, brand-new aspects added for administration and more streamlined integration processes to better user experience for both the end-users and developers.
As an end-user, you can benefit from many application improvements with this release, including more control of settings with default dimensions that will reduce posting errors and improve reporting reliability.
Liz shares that Microsoft has “gone to town on the bank reconciliation again”, with some brilliant new features that will help streamline your processes from a finance point of view.
A handful of features that the Directors were incredibly excited about were:
- Automatic creation of lot and serial number cards
- Defining lot sizes for various stages of production
- Assisted setups to speed up the process of getting up and running with Microsoft Dynamics 街霸5 Business Central
- Improving the reliability of data export operations for more extensive databases
- Better performance to reflect the need for instant data in today’s faster-moving world
- The ability to access contact data in Microsoft Dynamics 街霸5 Business Central, from Teams, to make phone calls directly
- From a developer’s point of view, the new roadmap includes report extensibility, which James discusses in some detail. He shares that “not having to start reports – like document layouts for example – from scratch, but just being able to add small changes into the data items is a major win.”
As you can tell, this episode of Tecman Talks Dynamics is an insightful one, with various functionalities and new aspects that give Dynamics 街霸5 Business Central users a much more streamlined and productive way of working.
To listen to the full list of upcoming features of the 2021 Wave 1 release of Microsoft Dynamics 街霸5 Business Central, with honest views from our Tecman Directors, click here: https://www.tecman.co.uk/podcasts